Radiation Oncology Services
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Align RT
- BrainLab Novalis Powered by TrueBeam STx Featuring RapidArc Technology
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife Perfexion
- IMRT: Revolutionary Radiation Therapy
- TrueBeam Radiosurgery
- Radiation Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
- Medical Physics
In contrast to external beam radiation therapy, in which high-energy x-rays are directed at the tumor from outside the body, brachytherapy is the positioning of radiation sources directly at the site of the tumor.
Sealed sources of radioactive material or radiation-emitting devices are placed into body tissue or a body cavity, allowing accurate delivery to inaccessible areas. This treatment is very effective against complex tumors and may be combined with other forms of therapy.