Rhode Island Hospital
- Transplant Center Team
- Our Services at the Transplant Center
Living Kidney Donor Program
- About Our Program
- Can I Donate a Kidney?
- What If I'm Not a Match?
- The Kidneys & How They Work
The Kidney Donation Process
- Donor Testing
- More Than One Potential Donor?
- Advantages & Risks of Living Kidney Donation
- Surgery & Recovery
- Special Considerations for Donors
- Kidney Donor Program in the News
- Transplant Center Research Update
- Delivering the Gift of Life for 25 Years
- Transplant Success Stories
Scheduling the Live Donor Transplant
Once the donor has obtained clearance from the nephrologist, the transplant can be scheduled.
Live donor transplants are performed every Monday at Rhode Island Hospital.
Transplants may be scheduled at your convenience. Please keep in mind that dates for surgery are given out on a first come, first served basis.
Next step: Final testing and preparing for surgery