Rhode Island Hospital
- Transplant Center Team
- Our Services at the Transplant Center
Living Kidney Donor Program
- About Our Program
- Can I Donate a Kidney?
- What If I'm Not a Match?
- The Kidneys & How They Work
The Kidney Donation Process
- Donor Testing
- More Than One Potential Donor?
- Advantages & Risks of Living Kidney Donation
- Surgery & Recovery
- Special Considerations for Donors
- Kidney Donor Program in the News
- Transplant Center Research Update
- Delivering the Gift of Life for 25 Years
- Transplant Success Stories
Living Kidney Donor Testing Process
All donor testing is performed on an outpatient basis. The process can be completed at the donor's own pace. The first step a potential donor should take is to discuss the desire to donate with their primary care physician. They should forward a current history and physical exam results to the transplant office.
Potential donors must complete the following tests, along with a series of appointments. Please see the complete donor process for more details about tests and appointments.