COVID-19 Information for Coastal Medical Patients
Keeping You Safe & Healthy Through COVID-19
Coastal’s highest priority remains keeping you safe and healthy. We have taken steps to ensure that we can provide the care you need while helping to protect everyone from potential exposure to the coronavirus.
NOTE: During COVID surges, we may contact you to reschedule an upcoming annual and/or follow-up appointment to reduce your exposure to the virus and free up health care resources during these challenging times. These appointments will not be canceled; they will only be rescheduled. Thank you for your understanding!
During in-person visits, the high-quality care that you have come to expect from us will remain the same, but it will look a bit different than before the pandemic.
Efforts to keep patients and staff safe during in-person visits may include:
- Making an appointment before visiting your primary care office for any reason
- Waiting in the car until your clinician is ready to see you for your appointment
- Screening patients for COVID-19 symptoms before their appointment
- Wearing a SURGICAL mask* that covers the nose and mouth at all times into the building and office (patients & staff), even if you are fully vaccinated
- Practicing appropriate social distancing guidelines
- Allowing additional time between appointments to thoroughly clean our offices
* While masking is currently optional in most situations within Coastal practices, we respect your right to wear one. Learn more about use and care of masks. In situations when a mask is required, if you do not have a surgical mask, one will be provided to you. Mandatory masking may not apply to children of a certain age or individuals who have been advised not to wear a mask for health reasons.
ADULT Patients: If you are sick DURING office hours, please call your Coastal clinician as soon as possible so we can arrange care for you in a timely manner. If you are sick AFTER office hours, Coastal's adult patients can receive care through Coastal365 sick appointments on evenings, weekends and holidays (1-800-822-5981).* We will contact you directly to offer advice and treatment. If you are concerned that you have coronavirus, please let your Coastal clinician know and we will arrange testing for you.
PEDIATRIC Patients: If your child is sick DURING or AFTER office hours, please call your child’s Coastal pediatrician at your earliest convenience so we can arrange care in a timely manner. We will contact you directly to offer advice and treatment. In many cases, telemedicine visits will be the appropriate method of care to keep patients safe. If you are concerned that your child has coronavirus, please let your child’s Coastal pediatrician know and we will coordinate testing for you.
*In the event of a true emergency, call 9-1-1.