Request a Spiritual Care Visit
Patients and families of all faith traditions and no faith tradition can request a visit with a chaplain. Any member of the health care team can assist with making a referral.
Chaplains can be reached Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 401-444-4746 or by calling the Call Center at 401-444-5108. During weekday nights and weekends, an on-call multi-faith chaplain can be reached for emergencies by calling the Call Center at 401-444-5108.
Catholic Spiritual Care
In partnership with the Diocese of Providence, Catholic priests are available to care for the sacramental needs of our patients. In addition, volunteer Eucharistic Ministers provide communion to patients who request it at Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital.
To contact a priest or to request someone be added to the list to receive communion:
Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children’s Hospital: Call the spiritual care office at 401-444-4304.
The Miriam Hospital: call the spiritual care office at 401-793-5654.
Newport Hospital: call the spiritual care office at 401-845-1740.
- Patients and Visitors
- Guidelines for Visitors and Families
- Protecting Our Healthcare Workers
- Safety Tips for Patients and Visitors
- General Discharge Information
- Lifespan Interpreter Services
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Lifespan Telehealth
- Insurance, Billing and Financial Assistance
- Request Medical Records
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Spiritual Care Department