- Patients and Visitors
- Guidelines for Visitors and Families
- Safety Tips for Patients and Visitors
- Lifespan Interpreter Services
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Lifespan Telehealth
Insurance, Billing and Financial Assistance
- What to Expect When You Arrive at the Hospital
- Know About Your Insurance Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions about Your Bill
- Cost of Care and Price Transparency at Lifespan Hospitals
- Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
- Financial Assistance
- Pay a Bill Online
- Contact Lifespan Customer Service
- Request Medical Records
Ethics and Patient Rights
- About the Ethics Committee
- About Advance Directives
- Speak for Yourself
- End of Life Care
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Related Links
- Spiritual Care Department
Request a Spiritual Care Visit
Patients and families of all faith traditions and no faith tradition can request a visit with a chaplain. Any member of the health care team can assist with making a referral.
Chaplains can be reached Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at 401-444-4746 or by calling the Call Center at 401-444-5108. During weekday nights and weekends, an on-call multi-faith chaplain can be reached for emergencies by calling the Call Center at 401-444-5108.
Catholic Spiritual Care
In partnership with the Diocese of Providence, Catholic priests are available to care for the sacramental needs of our patients. In addition, volunteer Eucharistic Ministers provide communion to patients who request it at Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital.
To contact a priest or to request someone be added to the list to receive communion:
Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children’s Hospital: Call the spiritual care office at 401-444-4304.
The Miriam Hospital: call the spiritual care office at 401-793-5654.
Newport Hospital: call the spiritual care office at 401-845-1740.