Classroom Behavior Specialist Program
The Workforce Solutions, Training, and Teamwork (STAT) Patient Support Specialist Program features a series of free, educational training and support services for those ages 18 and older. This program prepares its participants with the education and hands-on learning necessary to perform the duties to be classroom behavioral specialists with The Bradley Schools. The goal of the program is to meet industry needs by rapidly transforming a group of unemployed and underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into prepared, well-qualified healthcare professionals.
Program graduates will have opportunities to secure employment at Lifespan after program completion and have access to a variety of benefits. Employment at Lifespan may allow you to advance over time to higher levels of education and employment in the high-demand healthcare industry.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Classes coming soon. Please check back for updates.
More about the Classroom Behavior Specialist
Each cohort of students complete a free program consisting of:
- Classroom training
- Hands on experience at a Lifespan affiliate
- Structured work-readiness training and workshops to build employability skills
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of individualized social-emotional skill training plans to support students’ ability to function their best in school.
- Prepare and present verbal and written reports concerning children’s social-emotional and behavioral progress.
- Attend and participate in meetings or conferences including supervisory sessions, staff meetings or other meetings as assigned.
- Assist assigned children in all aspects of daily programming including self-care, social skills, and recreation.
- Perform other duties as required, assigned, or directed.
Program Completion Requirements
- Attendance is mandatory. Students who miss workshops, internship, or class could be subject to dismissal from the program.
- A certificate will be awarded to those candidates who have successfully completed the program.
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO